How can mold damage your home?
Most people know that household mold can be bad for your health, and it makes an unsightly and bad-smelling mess, but did you know it can cause serious damage to the home, as well? Dealing with
household mold quickly, prevents further damage to your home!
Mold damage to household materials and how it affects structures:
Mold feeds on organic materials, such as wood, paper, many fabrics, and even some types of glue. It literally eats away at these materials, causing them to rot and fall apart.
Mold can eat away at materials like wallpaper, drywall, carpet, wooden studs in walls, ceiling tiles, floorboards, and other structures inside the home.
If mold is left to it's own devices,it can lead to rot and literally destroy drywall, wood,ceilings.
Of course, it takes a while to reach that point. Your house is not going to fall down around you as soon as mold begins to grow in it. Many materials in the home quickly become damaged beyond the point of repair, though, and in time, a home can be completely destroyed by mold growth.
Mold In Heating, Ventilation And Air Conditioning Systems:
Mold can sometimes be found in your heating and air conditioning systems! This can lead to mold spores being blown throughout your home and can lead to mold growth in your duct work.
For this reason, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) recommends against turning on your heating or air conditioning if you think there might be mold in your HVAC system. Have the system inspected, and cleaned if necessary, before turning it on in order to prevent greater mold damage to your home. Note that
the Environmental Protection Agency recommends having a professional clean your HVAC ducts, if you do find mold in them, to make sure the job is done correctly and safely.
Each mold infestation requires a particular solution. Our highly trained professionals use an exacting system of inspection,
assessment, containment, air filtration, removing mold infested materials, disinfecting, and cleaning your belongings. We can perform various types of minor and major repairs. To save our customers stress, time and costs expense, SERVPRO can handle the entire mold remediation service. We can handle the initial damage
mitigation and the rebuilding, including sanitizing and deodorizing of all affected areas. Our AMRT, Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians, are IICRC CERTIFIED, with advanced corporate and franchise training. We are also experienced in
dealing with your insurance company, and we can assist you in these matters if applicable. We can even assist you with your paperwork for your claim.
Call SERVPRO of Lebanon/Hanover/Littleton with any questions that you may have. We are locally owned and operated, we will respond quickly with the help that you need.Call us at (603) 298-6942.