Storm Safety Tips for the Upper Valley
Fall tips for the Upper Valley
Fall brings with it cooler temps, pumpkins and beautiful falling leaves. Fall is a beautiful time of year in the Upper Valley and we don't tend to get a lot of storms, but when we do; they often bring high winds and rain with them.
As New Englanders, we need to make sure that we are prepared for the upcoming Winter storms as well as all of our Fall duties.
Here are some tips to help with your Fall and bring you into Winter.
- Always keep a battery-powered radio in your home so that you can tune to radio stations if you lose electricity. Check the batteries frequently.
- Keep a flashlight in an easily accessible spot on every floor of your home. Check the batteries monthly.
- Keep a supply of candles on hand for power failures.
- Keep gutters free of leaves and debris.
- Make sure that your yard is kept free of items such as, tree limbs and yard tools. These can become projectiles in a wind event.
- If you haven't already, have your furnace serviced before the cold weather hits.
- Reconsider Leaf Burning! According to the EPA, burning leaves produces air pollution which can lead to health problems.
- Be sure to use caution if using space heaters,always allow at least three feet of empty area around space heaters.
Above all else, let's have a safe and a happy Fall season! SERVPRO cares!