Are you considering selling your home?
Are you considering selling your home?
When you are thinking about putting your house on the market; deep cleaning your home is a great first step. Having a freshly cleaned home, free of odors makes it more appealing to the potential buyer. Checking all areas of your home for water leaks, mold and potential problem areas is a great start.
Life happens. Kids spill drinks, pets have accidents and homes get dirty.
SERVPRO of Lebanon/Hanover/Littleton has the expertise to provide a deeper clean than your basic house cleaning service. Our residential cleaning services will ease the burden of the constant maintenance cleaning of your home, but will also create a safe, clean and comfortable living environment for you or the family that purchases your home.
SERVPRO of Lebanon/Hanover/Littleton specializes in general cleaning, carpet cleaning, deodorization, odor removal and more.
The crew will wipe walls, ceilings, trim, lights, cabinets and anything you want us to clean. We can clean out your duct system, professionally clean carpets, upholstery and drapes.
Did you run into a problem with the inspection of your home? SERVPRO of Lebanon/Hanover/Littleton specializes in mold remediation as well as water remediation!
For a more comprehensive list of cleaning services, follow this link: Cleaning Services
Give our office a call today at 603-298-6942 to get your cleaning estimate scheduled.
What should I do? My home has been damaged!
What steps should I take immediately after storm damage?
Take Safety Precautions for yourself above all..
If needed, arrange for an alternative place for you and your family to live while your property is being restored to safe living condition.
Heavy winds and rain can create physical hazards such as collapsed roofing materials, window damage, collapsed walls or standing water in the basement or home interior.
Shut off the main gas line if you smell gas!
Do not step in standing water without first making sure power is turned off to avoid risk of electrocution.
Beware of broken glass, exposed nails, and other sharp objects on the property.
Contact SERVPRO of Lebanon/Hanover/Littleton to help do basic tasks to help secure your property and make it safe to use.
Photograph and Document the Damage
- If it is safe to move around your property, use your cellphone or a camera to photograph the damage so that you will have a record for your insurance company. This action will ensure that you are fully compensated.
Contact Your Homeowners Insurance Agency immediately.
- Contact your insurance agent to notify them about the damage to your home immediately. The company will send out an adjuster to determine the extent of the damage so that payment for repairs can be made.
Give us a call at 603-298-6942 if you are in need of some assistance following a storm or just have questions, We are here to help!
Holiday Safety before you decorate
Don't overload when decorating
The Holidays are right around the corner and now is the time to get the decorations out!
Around the holidays we need to be extra careful not to overload our plugs and extension cords. You could lose your power or even worse, start a FIRE!
According to the NFPA Electrical distribution or lighting equipment was involved in more than two of every five (44%) home Christmas tree fires.
Two of every five (39%) home Christmas tree fires started in the living room. Five percent were chimney or flue fires. One-fifth (21%) of the decoration fires started in the kitchen. Sixteen percent started in the living room, family room or den.
Almost three of every five (57%) December home decoration fires were started by candles, compared to one-third (32%) in January to November.
Carefully decorating your home can help make your holidays safer.
Between 2013-2017, U.S. fire departments responded to an average of 160 home fires that started with Christmas trees per year. U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated average of 780 home structure fires per year that began with decorations, excluding Christmas trees.
Make sure that your extension cords are not twisted and are in good working order as well as all lights be checked and are in good working order before you use them.
For more Holiday fire safety tips: Click here
SERVPRO of Lebanon/Hanover/Littleton wants to wish everyone a happy and SAFE Holiday season!
Why SERVPRO? Time matters!
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Because disasters don't happen when it's convenient or during working hours only!
Disasters occur in a moment and usually at the worse possible time. What needs to happen in the case of a disaster is ACTION. SERVPRO knows just how important it is to respond to a disaster in a timely manner.
Let's take a look at just how quickly water damage can turn into a disaster.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
SERVPRO of Lebanon/Hanover/Littleton is here for you when you need them! 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! Give us a call at 603-298-6942.
Berlin, N.H. home suffers serious Water Damage
Soaking wet fiberglass insulation
This Berlin home suffered a very significant water loss.
Water leaked through the roof and saturated the insulation in the attic.
With all of the strong winds and rain that we've been having lately in N.H., more homeowners are facing water issues just like this one.
A question we get frequently is, "Is my insulation still effective or able to be saved?"
Let's take a look at the two most common types of insulation:
- Cellulose loose-fill, made of pulverized particles of paper and cloth, absorbs a large volume of water and compacts, losing the fluffy characteristics that make it an effective insulator.
- Soaked Cellulose insulation will simply retain water and is very resistant to drying. Generally, wet cellulose is not salvageable and will need to be replaced.
- Fiberglass AKA "The Pink Stuff" is technically waterproof. Inside an enclosed attic the thick batt retains moisture which degrades its thermal resistance properties.
- Saturated Insulation typically loses at least 40% of its insulating R-value.
Chances are you're going to want to replace the affected insulation because MOLD sets in very quickly.
It is NOT recommended that you attempt to dry the affected area on your own due to the likelihood of contamination by the spread of mold in the drying attempt.
If you are concerned about your insulation or just have some questions, give us a call at 603-298-6942 and we'd be happy to help.
Like it never even happened
Help! Water is everywhere!
Flooding in the basement!
Help! Water is everywhere!
A water leak can quickly turn into a flooded area! Whether it's the basement, bathroom or kitchen area; SERVPRO of Lebanon/Hanover/Littleton has the tools to get your area dried out and back to it's predisaster condition.
Here are just a few of the things that SERVPRO can do for you.
- Flooded area Dry Out
- Pump Deep Water
- Moisture Test Walls
- Carpet Water Removal
- Set up Drying Equipment
- Apply Antimicrobials
- Test Drying Complete
- Reconstruction Services
Our highly trained technicians are ready to respond immediately to flood or water damage at your property.
We have the experience, expertise, and training to restore your home or business quickly and efficiently. We use advanced inspection and extraction equipment to find the water and remove it as quickly as possible. Our technicians will monitor and document the drying process to ensure your property is back to normal.
To find out more about SERVPRO of Lebanon/Hanover/Littleton Water Damage Services give us a call at 603-298-6942.
Fire and the odor it leaves behind
Things You Should Know about deodorizing your home after a fire.
One problem to consider after a fire is the lingering foul odor. If the odor is not taken care of professionally, it can linger for a very long time; making it hard to live with.
Thankfully, SERVPRO of Lebanon/Hanover/Littleton can help you get rid of this odor.
The odor after a fire is a mix of chemical and natural odors due to the burning of wood, plastic, and various materials.
SERVPRO employs a multi-step process to eliminate odor and get your home smelling like home again.
Here are some odor removing basics
- Removing the source
One of the first things that SERVPRO technicians do while tackling an odor problem after a fire is removing the source of the odor. The source of odor after a fire damage can be burnt wood or other building materials. Our IICRC certified technicians dispose of the source in a safely and efficiently.
- Clean up
The second step during the deodorizing process is cleaning. Smoke and soot residues can deposit on and even penetrate the various surfaces such as walls and ceilings. SERVPRO technicians clean different surfaces depending on the type of the surface and residue deposited on it.
Sealing is not required in most cases, but if the damage is extensive and the removal of the source is too expensive or impractical, it is the best option.
If you have some lingering odors in your home or just have some questions about our process, give us a call today at 603-298-6942.
Demolition and Reconstruction Services
Deconstruction and Reconstructive Services all in one!
Demolition is underway at this home! This home suffered a significant water leak and we are in the beginning stages of removing the ceiling and insulation and flooring.
Water leaks can be disastrous for home and business owners! Water spreads quickly and causes a lot of damage. Being vigilant and checking for leaks regularly is imperative.
Did you know that SERVPRO of Lebanon/Hanover/Littleton also offers reconstructive services?
We believe that having one point of contact throughout an already stressful time is important, getting to know the team that will be working with you for some time can be comforting.
We have highly trained professionals that will be with you from the first call to the completed job, because here at SERVPRO we understand what you're going through and we care.
Like it never even happened.
Congratulations! 25 years!
Congratulations to Miguel and Melanie Perez! 25 years!
We are celebrating our 25th Anniversary at SERVPRO of Lebanon/Hanover/Littleton and couldn't be more thankful to our employees for their hard work and dedication and to our community for all of their support throughout the years.
Being a SERVPRO franchise has allowed us to help people in so many ways and we understand the stress and worry that comes with a fire or water damage and the disruption it causes your life and home or business. Our goal is to help minimize the interruption to your life and quickly make it "Like it never even happened."
We specialize in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage. Our team can also mitigate mold and mildew from your home or business. We strive to be the best at what we do and for the past 20 years, we have offered reconstructive services as well.
Our goal is to be there for you, from start to finish! Here's to 25 more years!!
Like it never even happened
Where there is water, there is mold!
Where there is water, there is mold!
Water leaks are invasive and will spread quickly under flooring and will wick up your sheetrock. The longer water sits, the more time mold has to set in! Once mold has set in, the problem has just become twofold.
So, what is Mold?
Molds are fungi that can be found both indoors and outdoors. Molds grow best in warm, damp, and humid conditions, and spread and reproduce by making spores. Mold spores can survive harsh environmental conditions, such as dry conditions, that do not support normal mold growth.
What you should NOT do if you find mold.
- Do not touch or disturb the mold.
- Do not blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Do not attempt to dry the affected areas yourself.
- Do not spray bleach or any other disinfectant on the mold.
What you should do?
- Stay out of the affected areas and areas you suspect have hidden mold.
- Turn off the HVAC system and the fans.
- Keep humidity levels as low as you can—no higher than 50%–all day long. An air conditioner or dehumidifier will help you keep the level low. Bear in mind that humidity levels change over the course of a day with changes in the moisture in the air and the air temperature, so you will need to check the humidity levels more than once a day.
- Use an air conditioner or a dehumidifier during humid months.
- Be sure the home has adequate ventilation, including exhaust fans.
- Add mold inhibitors to paints before application.
- Clean bathrooms with mold killing products.
- Do not carpet bathrooms and basements.
- Remove or replace previously soaked carpets and upholstery.
Call SERVPRO Lebanon/Hanover/Littleton at 603-298-6942 if you suspect a water leak in your home. We are here to help and make it "Like it never even happened."