Why SERVPRO? Time matters!
Because disasters don't happen when it's convenient or during working hours only!
Disasters occur in a moment and usually at the worse possible time. What needs to happen in the case of a disaster is ACTION. SERVPRO knows just how important it is to respond to a disaster in a timely manner.
Let's take a look at just how quickly water damage can turn into a disaster.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
SERVPRO of Lebanon/Hanover/Littleton is here for you when you need them! 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! Give us a call at 603-298-6942.