SOME TRUTH ABOUT MOLD!!
- Mold or mold spores can be found virtually everywhere. There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores. You can, however, control growth by controlling moisture.
- Mold will begin to grow 24-48 hours after material becomes moist so call SERVPRO of Lebanon/Hanover/Littleton AS SOON AS your water loss is discovered!
- Optimum indoor humidity is 30-60%
- Ways to facilitate optimum humidity level: Venting bathrooms, dryers and other moisture-generating sources to the outside Using air conditioners and de-humidifiers
- Increasing ventilation Using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dishwashing and cleaning
- If you see mold on hard surfaces; clean with water and detergent and dry thoroughly.
- If mold contaminates a porous material, the item often needs to be removed and discarded. If the material is deemed salvageable, it must be completely dried, properly and thoroughly cleaned and sealed to ensure removal/encapsulation of the contaminant.
To Learn more about Mold Remediation click here.
#SERVPROofLebanon/Hanover/Littleton #SERVPRO603 #HereToHelp