Lebanon, NH Mold Damage Remediation
What is Mold?
"Molds are fungi that can be found both indoors and outdoors. Molds grow best in warm, damp, and humid conditions, and spread and reproduce by making spores. Mold spores can survive harsh environmental conditions, such as dry conditions, that do not support normal mold growth."
What you should NOT do?
- Do not touch or disturb the mold.
- Do not blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Do not attempt to dry the affected areas yourself.
- Do not spray bleach or any other disinfectant on the mold.
What you should do?
- Stay out of the affected areas and areas you suspect have hidden mold.
- Turn off the HVAC system and the fans.
- Leave the affected areas alone!
- Use an air conditioner or a dehumidifier during humid months.
- Be sure the home has adequate ventilation, including exhaust fans.
- Add mold inhibitors to paints before application.
- Clean bathrooms with mold killing products.
- Do not carpet bathrooms and basements.
- Remove or replace previously soaked carpets and upholstery
For more information Click here!
SERVPRO of Lebanon / Hanover / Littleton
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (603) 298-6942
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens, irritants, and toxins.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Faster to Any Size Fire Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
Locally Owned, with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Lebanon / Hanover / Littleton is close by and ready to respond to your mold damage emergency. We are proud to be an active member of the Lebanon community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
Highly Trained Water and Mold Restoration Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly. Learn about our water and mold training and certificates.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
Step 1: Emergency Contact - (603) 298-6942
We’re available 24 hours, 7 days a week to answer your phone call. Our consultant will guide you through this process, asking questions that will allow us to better understand your situation and to determine the needed equipment and personnel.
Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect your property for visible signs of mold. Mold feeds on cellulose and water and can be hidden from plain view. We use various technologies to detect mold and hidden water sources.
Step 3: Mold Containment
To keep the mold spores from spreading further, we will use various mold containment procedures. Our professionals may use physical barriers and negative air pressure to isolate the contaminated area and to help prevent the mold spores from spreading through your Lebanon, NH home or business. Also, we’ll turn off the property’s fans and heating and cooling systems to prevent the spread of mold.
Step 4: Air Filtration
We use powerful air scrubbers, HEPA vacuums, and other filtration equipment to remove microscopic mold spores out of the air. This air filtration process and our mold containment process help to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
Depending on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces involved, the mold remediation process can vary significantly. In general, we’ll use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. Depending on the severity of the infestation, we may need to remove drywall, carpeting, and other porous materials.
Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Sanitizing
SERVPRO of Lebanon / Hanover / Littleton will use a variety of cleaning techniques and products to clean your furnishings and personal belongings. Since mold infestations also cause a persistent musty odor, our professionals are also trained to remove odors and provide deodorization using fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may have been removed. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business. The restoration step gets your home or business back to normal.
SERVPRO knows Mold
SERVPRO of Lebanon / Hanover / Littleton has the expertise to make any mold problem a memory in Lebanon, NH. We have seen the distress homeowners experience upon finding mold at their property. SERVPRO can help calm any mold concerns. Our trained professionals have the equipment and knowledge it takes to properly remediate mold. Call (603) 298-6942 - We are ready and waiting to respond to your emergency.